even though it's extremely hard to live life w/o my mom, I am trying to cope as best I can. Helping take care of our dad does help take my mind off of things.
My biggest fear since Mom passed is that we'll lose contact with her family. I know in my heart that they're not gonna stop being our uncles, aunts and cousins just because she's gone, but my head is telling me something totally different. I keep sending emails (sometimes really stupid ones) to the ones in Chicago because I don't want to lose that contact, but at the same time, I SO DO NOT want to alienate them. My brothers and sister keep telling me that we're not gonna lose that contact, and in fact, sister said that we're probably closer to them than we ever have been (because we're all in the "same boat" now, with the loss of one parent); but I think if I hear it from one of them, I can be more reassured. It hasn't happened yet, but I'm sure it will one day.
On a somewhat happier note, I'm going to see my cousin and aunt that lives in Apple Valley in a couple of weeks. I do feel comfortable bouncing my feelings off of them, so maybe I'll let them know (I already know what their reaction is gonna be...one of disbelief that I would even think that, knowing that I'm the glue that holds the family together....those are my cousin, Tom's, words.
I'll post again in a couple of weeks (maybe after I get back from Apple Valley).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
Hey Kathi...you know, those same feelings come to my own mind about my family...cousins, aunts, uncles...etc ...they all live here, there and everywhere...and my parents are still both living...but I do think about when they aren't here...will I still have them in my life as my family (?) SO...since it's been on my mind the last couple of years, I've been making extra efforts to stay connected...I got the emails of more family members...go back to Minnesota and other places in the country more often...show an interest in their lives and the connection remains and the relationships evolve and deepen over time :) I understand...never give up Kathi and keep the contact :D Lots of Love and HUGS
Kathi, that is wonderful what your cousin said about you being the glue that holds the family together. Keep it up, I am sure everyone appreciates your efforts and your upcoming trip sounds fun!
Love ya!
Kathi, never give up on family... Look at Leigh Ann and I, we found each other after 16 years... :)
always hope... and we picked up where we left off, like the years were never between us...
keep in touch with your family, you will never regret it...
love you,
Marci
we are praying here and i really can't imagine all the emotions that you are having ... it is a great compliment to be the person holding things together ... stay strong !!!
Post a Comment