Friday, November 14, 2008

Ok, so I'm waiting for...

the housing inspector to come, so thought I would keep myself occupied... before heading out to Apple Valley for the weekend....

Things are just OK; like I said, I'm gonna be gone for the weekend, so it'll be a nice break from taking care of Dad, and not to think about things so much.. in the post from Oct 2, I had said that the day that Mom died is also my cousin's birthday and that'll be forever hard on him, b/c he's her Godson... well, after thinking about it for a long time, I got to thinking how much he must feel that that is one of the greatest gifts that God and Mom could ever have given him...to have her be taken back home on her Godson's birthday; He must have known how much she loved Kevin and vice versa. Occasionally, I still get the feeling that we'll lose contact with my mom's family, but it's lessening now, that our cousins send beautiful and encouraging (and sometimes funny) forwards through email. If there's a family reunion this summer back there, we're all (four of us for sure, and maybe 11) planning on going.

I'm not looking forward to the holidays, obviously. But, I know that Mom wouldn't want us to be sad and to forge forward. There is going to be a HUGE hole though. For Christmas, we're gonna have our annual party from my dad's side of the family. And then I'm gonna be going to a cousin's on my mom's side of the family a week after our party and join their family party. The actual day...... I'll have to get back to you on...

4 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

Have a great visit in Apple Valley and I am here for you if you need to talk over the holidays...or anytime. Love you bunches!

Anonymous said...

You are spending time with family whether it be in person, email or phone calls...what a bond you all share...your mom would be so proud :D

Noboyz said...

Kathi, this is a heartwarming post.... you are so family oriented and that is wonderful!

I know you had a great weekend....
and I am glad the inspector was kind to you and you passed!!!!

:)

Gwen Oatsvall said...

kathi, you have such a strength in you ... i will be praying ... you always encourage me ... take a rest and give yourself time to heal ..