back on the events that unfolded seven years ago today, I can't help but think how very precious life is, and how incredibly blessed I feel to be living in a country that gives me all the freedoms that I have, not only as a citizen, but as a disabled person.
I wasn't around in the 60s, when we lost President Kennedy or his brother Robert (when people knew exactly where they were when those tragic things happened). But I certainly remember where I was on the morning of September 11, 2001. I was on the freeway on my way to picking up my friend for school. I could not believe what I was hearing on the radio, so when I got to her place, the TV was already on and was just beyond stunned that what I heard on the radio DID ACTUALLY HAPPEN and wasn't something imaginary.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






6 comments:
Love this post! Nicely said.
Yes Kathi,
a very humbling event 7 years ago... thanks for the beautiful post...
Kathi...love the memorial...yesterday for our 9/11 we went to tour the capitol bldg here in Minnesota....didn't plan it that way....but it turned out to be even more special :) Thanks for sharing your 9/11 memorial!!
Kathi, I just got an email from Leigh Ann about your mom ... I am so sorry sweet friend ... If there is anything we can do please let us know ... We will be praying for your family ...
Kathi,
we are thinking of you.... have strength....
sending you prayers sweet friend ... this was a sweet post !!!
Post a Comment