home for a week now from Vegas. The trip went by WAY too fast, but we had a ton of fun. It took about six hours to get there, with two stops. We went straight to my Godmother's house because we couldn't check in until 2pm. Once we did get into our room (which wasn't in a great location, but it was ok), I had to crash for a bit because I had been driving since about 5:15 that morning. AFter a long break, my friend and I went down and walked around a bit. After finding the machines we wanted to play at (we stayed at our hotel the first night), I actually did pretty well the first night - I think I was up like $50 at one time. *SECOND DAY* We got up early and ate the food we brought with us for breakfast. Then it was "cruising" time...we had to drive to all the casinos because 1). There was a TON of construction around our hotel and her wheelchair wouldn't have made it through it, and 2). We were about 2.5 miles north of all the "major" ones we wanted to go to. So we played for a short time on the second day. We had to get back kind of early because we were meeting a friend of mine for dinner that I had met on Donny Osmond's website eight months ago (first time meeting in person). We had a fabulous dinner at the MGM Grand, which was the same hotel where the show was. After dinner, we all got in line to enter the theater. The anticipation was driving me NUTS, because it was my very first D&M (or any Osmond) concert. Now, when something is new and exciting to me, I become very quiet and just take it all in. My friend didn't understand this, but that's ok. I won't go into the detalls once the show started (please refer to the BiggestBloggerLoser blog for that), but I have to tell you that once it started, I came out of my "shell" and loved every minute of it. It only lasted an hour and a half, but my friend and I got our "momento" picture taken by one of professional photogs that were there. So, after the show, we were able to pick up the picture and some souvenirs. We ended up staying at the hotel until we both were just beat, getting back to our hotel about 2am. *THIRD DAY* This was the day to absolutely do NOTHING and not be on a schedule. We slept in and didn't get out of the room until noon. For lunch, we went a local Sonic. We had never been there before. The food was GREAT. We then went back to the MGM and played on the winnings from the previous night and once those were gone, walked over (via the Skywalk) to the NY NY and played on the winnings we got from them. After NY NY, we headed downtown to see the Fremont St. Experience (highly recommend it). For those who don't know what that is, it's a canopy of 50-100,000 lights and it's a lightshow set to music. It plays everynight from 9-11pm. The canopy is probably a block long, which is closed to cars; only pedestrians fill up the entire block. Anyway, we stayed and played downtown for a couple of hours, and then headed back to the hotel. Once we got back to our hotel, we stayed up and played in "our" casino for a bit. I finally went up at 1am, with my friend coming up at 2. *LAST DAY* We got up relatively early, packed our suitcases, packed the car, ate at a breakfast buffet, played for the last time for a bit and left around 1:00pm. On the way home, we stopped by my aunt's in Apple Valley (since she's a little more than halfway home) and saw her and my cousin. We stayed there for about an hour and a half and came home.
It was a great trip, but I am SOOOOOOOOOOO ready to go back now - LOL
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






6 comments:
What a trip, both literally and figuratively!
Sounds like a lot of fun kathi!
OK...so now that we got to read about the trip...which sounded like a blast...NEED PICS!!! :)
Can't wait to see the pictures Kathi!!!!
Lots of fun!
Miss Kathi...we need to pick up those photos :) So the boogers can see your Vegas picks LOL
wow, sounds like you had a fabulous time .. thanks for always checking in on us !!!! you should post some pictures of your fun !!!
Post a Comment